"Teach me, O Lord, the way of your statutes; and I will keep it to the end." Psalm 119:33

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Your Body/ God's Temple

On Friday mornings, the kids and I go to a homeschool co-op at College Heights Baptist Church. This semester I am teaching a fitness and nutrition class titled Your Body/ God's Temple. The joy of education in a Christian setting is being able to tie God's Word into everything we teach. Last week we studied the importance of taking care of our whole body because this is the place where God has chosen to dwell. Our first memory verse is from 1 Corinthians 6:19-20. It says Do you not know that your body it the temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?You are not your own, you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body. We spend about 15 minutes in devotional time, then 30-45 minutes in physical exercise. I have a class of 17 kids between the ages of 8 and 13. I'll be posting pictures , updating topics and sharing with you what I learn from teaching. And I'm sure I will learn a lot!

1 comment:

  1. You are the most rockin' teacher ever, too!! I am SO glad you are doing this class.

    ReplyDelete