"Teach me, O Lord, the way of your statutes; and I will keep it to the end." Psalm 119:33

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Art Show and Piano Recital

In December we hosted an art show and piano recital for all of the kids. We had a wonderful time and it was fun to share the kids' accomplishments with friends and family.

We had an interesting dinner experience that night when Jodi put too many jalapenos in our corn chowder. She might try to blame me for the burning hot chowder on her blog, but don't be fooled. Okay...okay...just kidding. She did put the jalapenos in the chowder but only because I told her to when she offered to help. The recipe said that it had a little kick! Boy you can say that again! I think Carolyn and Richard are probably over the heartburn by now, but I'm not sure if they'll ever trust me to make dinner for them again!
Jessi's piano teacher says she has a natural gift for playing the piano. She loves piano lessons and is very serious about playing the piano, as you can see by the look on her face.
Blake played Angels We Have Heard of High, Jingle Bells and two other songs.
It was perfect music for the Christmas season.
Grandma Karen bought them new outfits for the show.
This might be the only picture you will see of Jessi in a dress.


Grandma Cathy has become the kids' art teacher this semester.

Each of the kids had their own wall decorated for the show.This was a portion of Blake's wall.

And this face hiding behind the mask is Aly.
Her wall has art projects from last year and this year.
Pretty impressive.






2 comments:

  1. yeah, yeah, yeah...good thing I didn't follow YOUR directions and put 2 cans in it!

    I thought it was yummy, great flavor :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, Your Blog Spot is awesome. I want to know how to do this. Are you teaching your children how to add to the blog?

    Carolyn Rodgers

    ReplyDelete