"Teach me, O Lord, the way of your statutes; and I will keep it to the end." Psalm 119:33

Friday, February 12, 2010

New Spinone Puppy

As you may have guessed, I am posting these pictures because one of these adorable pups will soon be joining our family. These are Italian Spinone pups. They are quite rare in America. In fact, only about 200 are born each year. My dad introduced us to this breed when he bought his little "Sophie" a few years ago. They are wonderful hunters as well as great family dogs. My dad called us last week to see if we would like the name of the breeder he used. We emailed her that day and found out that she had just had a litter of 9 puppies two days earlier. All of the pups were spoken for until one person cancelled a female she had been holding. We were offered that puppy. We thought about it overnight and emailed the next day to let her know we would love to take the available pup. She will be ready to come home at the end of March. Jessi gets to name her because Blake named "Barney" and Aly named "Daisy." She and Grandpa Jud have been discussing and deciding upon a name. Last I heard, "Ruby Jane" was their favorite choice, but we'll know for sure once we get her home.
Sleeping puppies ....storing up their energy.
Soup's On.

And it's on again!


1 comment:

  1. For the record, I will not be following the family trend and getting one of these dogs! :-) Those pups look different than Rocco and Sophie-maybe Ruby Jane will be unique. I don't think Ruby or Jane is Italian (not that Jessie cares!) Ask her if she likes Bella (Isabella is Italian, I think). That is about as much help as I can be.

    ReplyDelete