"Teach me, O Lord, the way of your statutes; and I will keep it to the end." Psalm 119:33

Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Love Test




On Valentine's Day, Blake had a proposition for his dad. He had recently purchased a new airsoft (or Pete will say..."not so soft") gun, and he wanted Pete to be his "test dummy" to see if it hurt when the pellets hit you. Pete, being the faithful, all-loving father (i.e. sucker) agreed to the test. I made them wait until I got the camera ready, then Blake fired away. I'm a little bit concerned at the pleasure he seemed to have while doing this. I only wish we could have video-taped it instead of just taking snapshots. Then, you would have heard Pete screaming "OUCH....OUCH....KNOCK IT OFF....THIS HURTS....IT'S NOT FUNNY....STOP IT....I MEAN IT.." I ran out of space on my memory card just about when Pete slid on the snow and fell down. Needless to say, it was an interesting start to our Valentine's Day- and it definitely provided a lot of laughter. However, when Pete came back inside and removed his coat, we saw a few little red welts on his back and chest. So I caution you not to let your 13-year-old son convince you that this is a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment