"Teach me, O Lord, the way of your statutes; and I will keep it to the end." Psalm 119:33

Friday, December 10, 2010

Thanksgiving Day

Thanksgiving Day turned out to be a pleasant surprise. We thought it was just going to be the five of us. My mom was scheduled to have surgery so we weren't planning on having her and Doug with us. Her surgery was cancelled because she caught a head-cold. Then, our good friends, the Huberts, had to cancel travel plans due to poor weather. We invited them to join us. So, we went from preparing for a dinner for 5 to preparing for dinner for 14! We love to have a full house on the holidays. Our friends Paul and Kim, were able to join us after the meal for some desserts and football. It was a wonderful day. Jessi and Lindsay are ready to eat! Too bad the food isn't ready yet!
Blake and Aly created cartoon-character place cards for all of us. This is Savannah posing with her place-card. By the way... Blake made this card in the morning before he saw her hairdo for the day.

I snapped a picture of the feast just before it began.
We had turkey, mom's famous stuffing, beans, potatoes, salads and plenty of pies. At dinner we all gave thanks to our Lord for his many provisions this year- especially the gift of wonderful family and friends.


Aly and Allie helped Timothy and Savannah play dress-up while the rest of us watched football. The best part was when Timothy came into the room dressed as a fairy. Phil had left the room and came back to hear Timothy yelling "Look Daddy...I'm a fairy, I'm a fairy!" He was a proud father.



Aly snapped this picture of Pete and me just before our guests arrived.
Although the meal was fully prepared, I still had my fancy apron on!





No comments:

Post a Comment